5/02/2009

Excerpts

Here are excerpts from several of Maggie's emails:

We had austausch (splits) and I went to Jena with Sister Taylor. She made me eat my first huge bratwurst. I had been avoiding them since Vienna, but it was pretty good.





Last week she made me eat raw meat! Yeah, they eat raw ground beef in between bread with onions... weird.

This last week we taught a stop-smoking workshop. Frau Finkel let us in her apartment and we talked, then told her about the workshop. She started it and I decided to see if I can go seven days without chocolate. I've made it five, which is pretty impressive since we have Easter chocolate everywhere! She called us later that day and said her mother and boyfriend don't want her meeting with us but that she still hadn't smoked! She called again yesterday and said if we happen to be by her apartment, we should stop by. Ha ha.

Easter was fun with the Beyrich family. They had us over for lunch and after we ate, we had to wait inside because the Osterhase was coming! Then we went outside and had a little Easter egg hunt. So cute.

Osterhase Youtube

Conference: I cannot believe the way that I took Conference for granted before. This time it was something completely different. I felt like I was thriving on everything; the words, the music, the spirit. It went by so quickly and Sister Pratt and I were both "What? That's the whole session?" We want more.

Next week Jameia is getting baptized! She's from Mosambique and has an adorable 7-year old daughter. She totally loves Primary and is so smart. They have been in Germany for 7 or 8 years. She is so amazing and strong.




When I was leaving Tiergarten, we had invited Ann Kathrin to come to the Bahnhof and say "bye." She was planning on coming but we decided to leave eariler so she couldn't make it. We texted her and she wrote back that she was sorry she couldn't come and texted: "but guess what? I just prayed for Sister Ryser. I usually don't pray." It was one of the best moments ever. She had said before that she never prays; only with us and and she didn't really think God hears anyways. But she prayed!

No comments:

Post a Comment